FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Award Changes / What To Do (merged threads)
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:35 am
G-CIVC

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Really don't want to sound rude - I sympathise with you - but if I were a CX DM unable to get revenue seats on this flight, I would be pretty pissed to learn that two of these prestigious nine seats were snatched by what they call 'grAAbers' so long ago. Presumably CX bumped you both for their own elites, again, rude but they would care less about you but rather want to please their own DMs (especially if there are some high-spending enthusiast avgeek-DMs, which I know there are a few.) They know they have some avgeek/'crazy' elites that's why they publicised this final flight to be ceremonial (in CX style, I totally won't be surprised if they did nothing for this, so, good that they are actually planning on doing something special.) Understandably everyone wants to fly this flight. Maybe try the day before? But I am a victim myself, I wanted to get on these flights before I returned to the states in late sept (now in HKG) but they have taken away ALL award inventory for the entire September for quite a while already.

Are you EXP? Do you fly a lot on Cathay paid? If that's the case maybe you might want to write to Marco Polo but again very very unlikely that this will yield anything.