FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unsecured cabin on landing/takeoff
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:18 pm
DrunkCargo

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by jaysona
Guilty as charged. . I routinely store my empty vitamin water bottles in the little holder beneath the armrest and raise the armrest after landing to retrieve them. As for the tables, sometimes a good nudge releases them, I have done that on occasion as I'm slinging my backpack over my shoulder.
Actually, the nudge/tray-slide thing I've done too come to think of it. I think the latch disengages slightly one way, then falls quickly enough to pass the next catching "tooth" thing. (have pictures from last year somewhere, as well as the paper-cutting razor-sharp rail corner which has been fixed on the 777 dreamcabins at least) But I've yet to board with the tray unstowed. Arm rest "slightly" up I understand. Completely up, pushing it... easy to spot from the aisle too.

On the tray, the safety video shows a woman gently sliding it up without holding the lockbar beneath. Can you even do that? Like the mechanism would make such a noise if it worked.

And I'm guilty of tossing that free bottle of water in the "do not stow" arm bucket, and my phone in the "do not stow" table bucket, lid closed. What's kinda gross is the shoes, slippers, and socks that have been in that same container before. A bit more aroma and flavour is always good. =P