FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355€
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:49 pm
in2it54

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Originally Posted by dfs24
Would love an idea of a private sub forum, but with all the blogs etc, I think most fares will be leaked and the risk of cancellation just gets higher over time.
I think the last part of your statement hits the nail on the head.

You will notice in this thread, that a comment was posted, that this deal was now on the blogs. A couple of hours later, the deal was dead.
While members of this forum can do silly things (calling for seat allocation while the deal is alive), it probably pales into insignificance compared to what happens once the fare is plastered all over blogs - it's possible that people would be ringing the airline to make a booking and even arguing with agents about the price, over the phone.
FT members do have some awareness of what's a good deal and what should and shouldn't be said.

As for a private forum, from a blog viewpoint, it simply will not work. A couple of blog writers that I am aware of have a "post count" greater than most of us. They are experienced and aged.
A private forum will simply dump info into a nice tidy thread for their perusal.
It's probably better that the "good deal" posts remain buried in among the mish mash of daily forum churn.