FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355€
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:05 am
MissMiles

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
Originally Posted by HarbourGent
Understanding someone else imploring one "do not call the airline" is one thing. Accepting that as a command unbidden is something else.

A lot of people on FlyerTalk insist on "not calling the airline". I see that as one view and can understand its logic. Other people take an alternative view, for example that having purchased a ticket one then needs to make contingent plans and so it can be helpful to contact the airline for example to confirm the ticket. That also has a logic.

Continually criticising anyone who interacts with an airline over a fare on the forum is what seems "ignorant" to me. You can go your way, but I think it's appropriate and anyway somewhat inevitable to let others go theirs.

Agreed. If you're booking that ticket because it fits into already established plans (like how it does for me - I am renting a house in Bali with friends, our rental coincidentally ends the day of the flight, and I'm also coincidentally heading to London to visit family afterward) vs. just booking a random cheap fare bc "hey it's a good deal, if it works I'll make a trip out of it, if it doesn't no biggie" are two completely different things. Calling the airline may be necessary (GASP!) to ensure that flight plans can be relied upon.