FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seeking advice for Iguazu Falls visit
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:22 am
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by dkc192
Hi all,

I'm planning an upcoming visit to Iguazu Falls as part of a larger South American trip. I've booked the following flights: arrive at IGR on the Argentinian side around midday, and leave from IGU on the Brazilian side the following evening.

I'm seeking advice on which side of the Falls to stay for my one night, and what order to see both sides. My current thought is to stay on the Brazilian side, so that I won't have to deal with any unforeseen border crossing delays on the way to the airport for departure. I'd visit the Argentinian side on day one after arrival, storing my bags in the lockers at the park entrance, before crossing the border that evening. That said, it seems like the lodging options and the town on the Argentinian side are somewhat nicer, but is it worth the potential extra hassle on my departure day?

Any insights would be appreciated!
When I went to Iguazu Falls years ago, the Brazilian side did not open until 1:00 in the afternoon. I do not know if that was only on certain days or if that has changed since my visit; but if that is still the case for your visit, then obviously visit the Argentina side of the falls first and stay in Argentina overnight.

As you are expected to arrive in Argentina during the day, it is possible to do both circuits by 11:00 in the morning or so on the following day in Argentina before traveling to Brazil.

If you want an up close and personal experience of Iguazu Falls, Argentina is the side on which to be; and Brazil is basically best for an overview of the falls — although on the Brazil side, you will get up quite close to Garganta del Diablo, or Devil’s Throat.