FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Found iPad on Friday, June 24
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:45 pm
jmanirish

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by dmk68
Was flying from EWR to ALB on the afternoon of Friday, June 24....switched seats to have more room and when we landed, I found an iPad in the seat pocket in front of me...thinking that I was left behind by someone who landed in EWR, I tried calling United Baggage Claim, 1k desk etc but zero help...actually was told "enjoy your new iPad"

If you know someone who lost theirs, have them contact me with the serial number of the ipad (should be in their iTunes program on their computer) and if I have it, I'll send it to them. The possible owner may have flown from IAD to EWR midday on Friday.

IF you have any other suggestions of places to list a "found" such as this, please let me know as I'd like to return it to its' owner

PS - I have tried all of the options I could find to get into the iPad, including asking Siri, however since it is locked and can't connect to the internet, nothing has worked so far - only option as it stands is to do a full restore and wipe out everything on the iPad
Have you tried connecting it to a computer/itunes with USB? I can't recall exactly, but believe some basic device info is shown. Hopefully they person used first and last name as the device name.