FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:54 am
peabody

Originally Posted by epaairnow
2 since the 24 and yes on bonuses. See beltways recent post regarding language.
Thank you eapairnow, beltway, and peterpnyc for your responses. I am new to this and trying to get up to speed on these rules so thanks for your patience. My concern was that the card I cancelled (and received the bonus for) less than 24 months ago was the world card (and not the world elite) and if I applied for the same card now, I would not get the bonus. Based on reading some of the posts, it appeared that others were able to reapply and get the bonus again after the switch from world to world elite and applying for the world again.

1. So do I understand you correctly that the mailers with "this offer is valid for new accounts" are not subject to the 24 months rule and that I can get the bonus again even if I had the world card before?

2. It looks like I have two targeted mailers with different invitation codes with the same July 15 expiration date. So could I apply for one then the second (after waiting the 8 days) and get both bonuses? (It appears from epaairnow's initial response that I could even do this with the same invitation code and qualify for two bonuses). Or is there some rule that I am unaware of when doing this? Apart from the hard pull, any downsides for trying?

Thanks again.