FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Pearl River {US-NY}
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:21 pm
laxrdu

Originally Posted by Poly Pal
Just got back from Pearl River. No Diamond upgrade, no Diamond recognition, no breakfast coupons. Hotel is nice from the outside. The room was a typical Hilton room but the bathroom could use a major overhaul. The HVAC was also very loud. Woke me up in the middle of the night. Convenient to my business and the rate was right.
This summary from 2007 is still mostly accurate in 2016.

The hotel is beautiful from the outside, and located on beautiful grounds. Everything else about this hotel is average at best. The rooms seem like they probably haven't been touched in 20 years. The AC is still extremely loud, as mentioned above. I had to turn mine off to sleep, and could still hear it from other rooms all night. The nice windows mentioned above now come with stickers warning guests not to open them, so as to not let in the local gnats, which are small enough to get through the screens. Expect to be harassed by drunk wedding guests if you visit the hotel bar on a Saturday or Sunday night. Weddings are the big business at this hotel

As far as Diamond perks go: I got free breakfast, and that's it. It's the typical sad buffet. Every day when I was seated, the woman said "it's supposed to just be continental, but help yourself to the hot buffet." Maybe that's because I'm Diamond? Maybe not? There was one bottle of mineral water in my room upon check-in, not refreshed on subsequent days. Similarly, I don't know if that was a 'Diamond amenity', or if everyone gets one. This hotel has neither a lounge nor premium Internet.

Next time I'm in town I'll definitely try the Doubletree or HGI instead. This place was kind of a bummer.