Hilton Pearl River {US-NY}

Old Sep 12, 2002, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Pearl River {US-NY}

Can anyone opine on this hotel? My wife is going to stay here the day before the Avon 3 day NY breast cancer walk.

Thank you.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
stayed there 2 years ago and loved it. the property is 'in the woods' and very pretty. also, a great looking hotel inside and out.

dan
Old Sep 13, 2002, 9:25 pm

Programs: Starwood Plat, UA Plat, 2MM, AS MVPG
We have stayed there a couple of times too. It is a lovely hotel. Bravo to your wife for particpating in the Avon classic.
Old Sep 14, 2002, 8:28 am

Hi,
I live in Pearl River and the Hilton is the best hotel in this area. It looks like a castle on the outside. It looks even better when it's lit up in the evening. The inside looks impressive as well.
Old Sep 15, 2002, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, everyone!
Old Sep 16, 2002, 12:16 pm

Stayed there several times. Great place, good food. Quite far from the city if you want to go and see a show. Some wonderful and unique resturants nearby.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 10:45 am

I stayed there last weekend. I paid $68/night using Priceline. It is the only 3 star chain in Pearl River, so you are guaranteed to get it if you bid on Priceline. I did not get a room upgrade, but got breakfast coupons - and it was for a full American breakfast buffet, which was pretty good.

The rooms are typical Hilton rooms. Nothing too fancy. The Hilton website describes the hotel as "reminiscent of a French Chateau," so I was expecting a little more than the average Hilton.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 12:35 pm

Just curious Washflyer, did you receive any Hilton points for your stay or credit for the CNTU promotion?
Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:37 am

Programs: DL SM, HH Gold, Starwood Platinum, Avis First
Question Hilton Pearl River (NY) ??

I have an upcoming stay at the Hilton Pearl River. What can I expect as a Diamond?
Old Apr 3, 2007, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL SM, HH Gold, Starwood Platinum, Avis First
Just got back from Pearl River. No Diamond upgrade, no Diamond recognition, no breakfast coupons. Hotel is nice from the outside. The room was a typical Hilton room but the bathroom could use a major overhaul. The HVAC was also very loud. Woke me up in the middle of the night. Convenient to my business and the rate was right.
Old May 26, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Had a quick stay at this hotel last night and wanted to provide an update.

Hotel is located in a quiet area near some office buildings and backs up to a golf course. As a Diamond, I was upgraded to a Junior Suite (basically an extended room with a large sitting area at the end) and received a coupon for the breakfast buffet, along with three bottles of water. The buffet was good and had all kinds of fruit, breads, cereal, eggs, breakfast meat, potatoes, etc. - nothing extravagant, but it did the trick.

I thought that the room was nice and one feature that I loved was that it had two double-hung windows that opened all the way - don't see that much in hotels. I had the windows all the way open and with the golf course right behind the hotel it was very quiet. I love to sleep with fresh air and wish that more hotels would have windows that opened wide.

The hotel seems to have a bit more personality than your typical Hilton and all of the staff were very nice. The bathroom also had a great rainfall-type showerhead.

Can't say much about things to do in the area as I got here late and left early, but I would return here if I needed to be in this part of the world again.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Poly Pal
Just got back from Pearl River. No Diamond upgrade, no Diamond recognition, no breakfast coupons. Hotel is nice from the outside. The room was a typical Hilton room but the bathroom could use a major overhaul. The HVAC was also very loud. Woke me up in the middle of the night. Convenient to my business and the rate was right.
This summary from 2007 is still mostly accurate in 2016.

The hotel is beautiful from the outside, and located on beautiful grounds. Everything else about this hotel is average at best. The rooms seem like they probably haven't been touched in 20 years. The AC is still extremely loud, as mentioned above. I had to turn mine off to sleep, and could still hear it from other rooms all night. The nice windows mentioned above now come with stickers warning guests not to open them, so as to not let in the local gnats, which are small enough to get through the screens. Expect to be harassed by drunk wedding guests if you visit the hotel bar on a Saturday or Sunday night. Weddings are the big business at this hotel

As far as Diamond perks go: I got free breakfast, and that's it. It's the typical sad buffet. Every day when I was seated, the woman said "it's supposed to just be continental, but help yourself to the hot buffet." Maybe that's because I'm Diamond? Maybe not? There was one bottle of mineral water in my room upon check-in, not refreshed on subsequent days. Similarly, I don't know if that was a 'Diamond amenity', or if everyone gets one. This hotel has neither a lounge nor premium Internet.

Next time I'm in town I'll definitely try the Doubletree or HGI instead. This place was kind of a bummer.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I stayed at this hotel in November, 2015, as its the closest to my corporate office. Agree the exterior is fine, but the rooms aren't anything special. The bar area is a little small IMO. Overall just OK.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Tired, tired property inside.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
For years, the Hilton in Pearl River was used for all employees coming in for corporate meetings, Christmas (sorry, Holiday parties), but company switched to the HNA Palisades. You will think the Hilton is a 5 star hotel after staying at the HNA... We called it a prison sentence each year. Company wised up and using the Hilton again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.