FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status: Is It Really Worth It?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:25 am
DCBob

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Have had impressive upgrades at every brand (even Hampton Inns) but my reading of the T&Cs doesn't lead me to expect suites (just that they can upgrade you if they feel like it) so perhaps my lowered expectations keeps me happy.
Just what on earth is an "impressive upgrade" at a Hampton Inn? I have never seen a room at HI that I found impressive. And other posters bring up that the front desk clerk thanked them for being silver, gold, or diamond, as if that meant anything. Why even mention that meaningless compliment? It really means nothing and is of no value (at least to me). Getting a suite or free cocktails is what I appreciate as an elite perk. My Sheraton in NYC provides free beer and wine every night in addition to food in the club. That is very unusual in the US and it keeps me coming back. Hilton clubs in the US lack a lot in terms of good food and drink.