FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trusted passengers
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2003, 9:21 am
L-1011

Programs: Vanishing
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Steve Fenton:
Sounds to me that FWAAA is just pig headed. What on earth do you need nail clippers for on a flight. Are you telling me your nails grow so fast that they need cutting every two hours ??? Dont you realise that you are simply being an A**e when you act like this.

[...snip...]

If you dont like the rules, which will only get tougher, then I suggest you go by train. I am sure yu could find plenty to complain about there.
</font>
Try to see the bigger picture. Just because I need something when I get there, doesn't mean I need it on the flight. If you are on a multi-city trip for a week, or two, a nailclipper becomes a necessity. I don't feel that I should have to go out in every city I stop and try to buy a new clipper and then throw it away. It is not pigheaded on my part, but maybe it was on TSA's part. The rules have changed now, so the point is moot.

And, please tell me where I board the train from Los Angeles to London. I would love to take it.