FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trusted passengers
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2003, 7:46 am
Spiff
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Why do you need anything on a flight?

Can't you go 2 hours without reading? Without using your computer? Without taking your medication?

The reason people are upset about the ban on knives, nail clippers, pool cues, hockey sticks etc. is not because we desperately need these items on the plane. We are incensed because the ban of these objects contributes nothing to safety and wastes everyone's time and money as we are harassed by screeners suring the Great Pointy Object Search while taking away focus on real, credible threats to aircraft.

Two US airlines are in bankruptcy and a third or fourth is quite possible. These airlines are in this mess because of their own mismanagement, but the horse@#$% "security" provided by the TSA at travelers' and taxpayers' expense is doing nothing to help them out of this mess and is keeping lots of business travelers away.

So, NO, we will not get used to it and NO, we will not take the train. We will continue to lobby our elected representatives to stop this idiocy and will continue to show contempt to those who are pawns of Normie the Clown in exchange for a paycheck each time they randomly harass us.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Steve Fenton:
Sounds to me that FWAAA is just pig headed. What on earth do you need nail clippers for on a flight. Are you telling me your nails grow so fast that they need cutting every two hours ??? Dont you realise that you are simply being an A**e when you act like this.

I made a mistake a few weeks ago and in my hand luggage, something had fallen behind the liner. This was actually a leatherman knife The staff took their time, systematically emptied the bag and found it. They very kindly advised me on how to go back through security and check in the offending item, which the NW desk clerk packed in a box and labelled up for me.

Second time through they were just as efficent and very polite.

These people are not here for the fun of it or to make nutters like you a source of entertainment.

If you dont like the rules, which will only get tougher, then I suggest you go by train. I am sure yu could find plenty to complain about there.
</font>

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry