FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Definitive AS Hot Towel Thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:19 pm
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Arrow Definitive AS Hot Towel Thread

Yes we have threads on many things on FT. Why not hot towels?

This is one of the more recent service enhancements that's stuck around. However there are still the questions- what time will it be presented? How will the temperature be? Is it on my flight?

They seem to appear irregularly, sometimes on redeyes, often ANC-SEA-ANC yet can be oddly missing.

The towels occasionally have a musty odor. I've been told when this happens, some FA's choose not to offer them (they can stink). Not sure how they get like that.

Also for the temperature... I always thought they were heated in the oven. But recently I saw a FA pouring hot water on them.

Some carriers also have cold towels- this would be a nice option for departures from hot/humid climates.

As for timing- seems to be irregular- sometimes before the meal, and occasionally after or just before arrival. Not sure I have a preference.

Other thoughts?