FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Champagne - Questions/Suggestions/Recommendations" thread
Old Jun 18, 2016, 12:09 pm
ILuvParis
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Condition One
I'm going to come to travellingwine's defense and say I've poured a bottle of Veuve down the sink too. It wasn't corked, either. According to my notes, De Vonage Louis XV 1996 and Pommery Louise 1999 got the same treatment. That's also when I learned to ignore Total Wine's "Winery Direct" offerings

Why bother drinking something you don't like? If I'm going to be downing calories, it's going to be on something I enjoy! Like a 1995 Charles Heidsieck Blanc De Millenaires. It is divine! I'm surprised it's available AND decently priced!
There is a difference between pouring a bottle down the drain and routinely pouring Veuve down the drain. I would suggest sending it my way before opening, rather than opening it and pouring.

Originally Posted by stimpy
They were serving Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 2004 on my AF JFK-CDG flight this week. Other than the name, you couldn't find two different Champagnes than normal run of the milll VC and VC La Grande Dame.
I presume you were not in coach. If you were, I'll be changing my airline to the one represented on several of my vintage French posters.