FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SLS Las Vegas NV, LEAVING SPG/Marriott Aug 17, 2018 [Master Thread]
Old Jun 11, 2016, 5:21 am
thaliajen

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Back from our second one-night stay. This time we were in the World Tower (previous trip the Story). The World Tower room is much more conventional in layout with everything in one bathroom, a bed up against a wall (actually small window), a tv you can see from either the bed or the sofa in front of the bed. Had a small but real closet (as opposed to the metal rack in the WT room). In a word...boring.

No, really, it was fine - but after the Story there were no "stories" about it. No glow in the dark bed. No mirror on the ceiling. It did have the illuminated infinity mirrors but that's about it for "excitement".

We did not have construction noise per se but very early the trucks were getting lined up (the beep beeps) VERY early - before 6. No jackhammers or anything of that nature, but we were out of the room by 7.

This time we ate at Bazaar Meat (last time Cleo) and while we enjoyed the Restaurant Week menu I don't think I'd go back to Bazaar Meat, but I would definitely go back to Cleo again.

Another odd thing - not last time, nor this time, was anyone checking keys by the Story Tower, but they were at the World.

And it has been 4 days and the stay has not shown up yet in my spg account - I gave my number at check-in, we did video check-out, so if I do wait the week or whatever I'll bypass the missing stay route and use the e-mail contact William suggested.

We also, like Thaliajen, then moved onto Caesars Palace and had a wonderful 2-bath room in the Palace Tower. Love being so close to the pool.
No upgrades? I'm starting to think that it'll be difficult once Lux becomes W. Also, during my stay, no one was checking keys by the Lux elevator at all. I never even thought about it. But you did have to use your key to push the button. I'm glad you got back to Caesar's. I wish I'd done it the other way around and stayed at SLS first. I'm not seeing my Caesar's stay on my Starwood Account, but I guess those things take time. My SLS stay showed up right away. Glad you had a good time!