FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA to move to new Terminal 2 at Cairo
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:19 pm
itfcfan

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
Hopefully lounges at T2 will be better than the T3 lounges (but I think anything would be better than current T1 options).

Just asking and not trying to be a troll - would it be legally possible to have a lounge in CAI that serves booze?
I don't see why it'd be a legal issue preventing alcohol being served in a Cairo lounge. Plenty of hotels (and restaurants, although far from a majority) serve alcohol in Cairo - I don't think licensing should be impossible. As I understand it, Egyptair are responsible for the operation of all terminals in Cairo and its their company policy not to serve alcohol on the airlines or in the terminals.

T3 lounges are a big improvement than what's available in T1. Now they no longer have non-stop passenger announcements, I don't find them too bad. There's a fair amount of capacity (even if it does sometimes mean checking out a different lounge than the closest to your gate). The easiest improvement I'd like to see is the food offering, which currently is rarely appetising! I wouldn't hold my breath on an improvement on this for T2...