FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SLS Las Vegas NV, LEAVING SPG/Marriott Aug 17, 2018 [Master Thread]
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:48 am
Okijames

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy LTT,
Stayed here in the Lux tower 4 nights for work this week.

Pros: Upgraded to a suite on the 18th floor, very nice, exactly as thaliajen described in post 245. Plenty of space, comfy bed, good towels, excellent bath robes. Convenient power outlets, including USB, in the desk and nightstand. Good food selection on-site.

Cons: Construction noise started about 7am each morning. Being here for work I was already up and going but I imagine leisure customers could take issue with this type of "wake up call" after a long Vegas night. Room charging at the sundry shop is outrageously inconvenient and time consuming. Beyond the typical room number and name, patrons must also supply photo ID (not a big deal) but then the cashier hand writes info into a log book, must then call someone in-house to get an approval code, this is subject to delays and multiple calls, more writing in the log book, keying approval into cash register, printing 3 versions of the receipt, then patron signs 2 of the 3. It's almost comical...

Net: It's nice to have another SPG flagged option in Vegas. The pros outweigh the cons in my opinion so I'll definitely stay here again.