FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why does YYT not have priority security for S100K and Elite members?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:55 pm
dudestir

Programs: AC SE, Fairmont Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
While I am eligible for NEXUS, I don't really see the economic benefit of it. I would spend $50 to apply, plus at least another 2-3 hours to apply and appear for interview. The 2-3 hours I would spend is more than the amount of time I would spend in line when entering Canada, or the U.S. I have never spent more than 2-3 minutes in Cdn immigration.

NEXUS is applicable for customs and immigration (has nothing to do with domestic flights). I don't see the reason YYT would allow NEXUS members to bypass security for a domestic flight.
YYj is similar in that it doesn't have a SE or E line, only a NEXUS. I save 15-30 minutes every week just going through there in the morning rush. In YVR tonight the Fasttrak line was closed (after 4PM) 35 minute security line bypassed and that the norm.

Definitely it would take longer in international flights to re-coop the benefit as I only go south every couple of months. With that though NEXUS has more then paid for itself with the domestic security time savings.