FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why does YYT not have priority security for S100K and Elite members?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:37 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
While I am eligible for NEXUS, I don't really see the economic benefit of it. I would spend $50 to apply, plus at least another 2-3 hours to apply and appear for interview. The 2-3 hours I would spend is more than the amount of time I would spend in line when entering Canada, or the U.S. I have never spent more than 2-3 minutes in Cdn immigration.
You must have very good luck then. Usually the lines aren't long when I come back to Canada and NEXUS doesn't save a ton of time. But every once in a while, I'm on a flight that's last in a big group of flights that have arrived all at once and NEXUS might save me 30 minutes, an hour or more.

It's the same going to the US. I find the pre-clearance hall in YYC is either empty or a total zoo. YYZ rarely seems to be as bad as YYC at its worst but also never seems empty, at least when I go through. I've also skipped some very nasty lines at IAH, MIA and JFK when coming back from LatAm thanks to GE.

So I find it saves me a lot of time at customs.

NEXUS is applicable for customs and immigration (has nothing to do with domestic flights). I don't see the reason YYT would allow NEXUS members to bypass security for a domestic flight.
Because every major airport in Canada does?