FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:56 pm
crosscountry58S

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by mmayer
Here's the update for the E175 Dinner Menu:

UA 5677 ORD-DFW, 5/27/16
E175, seat 3C/D

PDBs offered
Soon after takeoff, more drinks and nuts served. (cold)
Choice of:
Chicken Sandwich with Couscous Salad
Pineapple Salad with Chicken, served with Fruit
Both came with a packaged cookie.

Strangely, the FA took the orders of row 4, then went back to Row 1, so we were last to order. When she got to us, we were told all she had left was the Pineapple Salad. Luckily the salad was fine with both of us.

On our return flight 5/30, menu was the same. This time my son got the Chicken Sandwich -- lots of bread with a little chicken. His comment was the salad was the better choice.
Here's my recap from this past week:

LAX-MSP dinner
Cilantro Chicken Sandwich or San Antonio Chicken Salad
I had the sandwich. Can't recall specifics of the salad. I too thought the bread-to-sandwich ratio was not great, but was overall satisfied. Also served with grapes, which were good and fresh. FA took orders by status, I think. Service was excellent throughout the flight. PDBs and ample refill opportunities and nuts before the meal.

MSP-LAX lunch

Chicken wrap or Asian Beef Salad
FA went by row, and almost everyone ordered the wrap, so I didn't have a choice. Salad was about what I recall from last time I had it in January -- pretty decent quality and flavor -- though I don't quite agree with dressing choice of acai vinaigrette. Thought it should be more of an Asian style dressing, but it still worked ok. Nuts were handed out after the meal.

Prepackaged chocolate chip cookies with both meals, which were pretty decent. On the return trip FA offered a second cookie after the meal and also distributed stroopwafels before landing.