FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra golf resort and spa
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:43 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by aks120
Dear All

Please see a link to my latest review of the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf Resort and Spa Hotel.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26711983-post12.html

It is part of a wider trip report but I thought this section would be useful here.

Regards

aks120
Arghhh I'm jealous
If I may : the hotel is not located on a golf course. The golf course used by the hotel is not in this area (not even walking distance). You said there were very few houses between the airport and the hotel. Well, I'm quite surprised by that because there are mostly very large hotels and shops. Of course if you use the road via Angkor Wat, it is more "rural". But I can tell you this area is certainly not as poor as what you describe. Of course I'm talking about Cambodian and not Western standards (Siem Reap is the wealthiest town with Phnom Penh with the tourist flood). Believe me there are much poorer areas in Cambodia. What you saw in SR is nothing.
Thanks a lot for sharing