FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LondonHouse Chicago, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-IL}
Old May 31, 2016, 2:30 pm
Miesque

Programs: Hilton Diamond
My overall sentiment after last night (as I sit at O'Hare watching a storm roll in) is that it is a property that has promise. The staff was excellent which is always a plus and it does have a lot of nice touches. That said, whether I stay here again will depend on what the rates are relative to the other properties I am prone to stay at. My gut pricing instinct is that the rates will be just under that of the Waldorf and if that was the case I would either splurge for the Waldorf or go the Drake. The feeling I had this morning was that I rather missed the old Conrad, I loved their rooftop bar (which was obviously less grand but I could just wander up and enjoy a nice cocktail and bite to eat at the end of the day). Admittedly, I have become a big Conrad fan based on the limited US exposure I have had and hope the new Chicago Conrad fits the bill.

Even after I got used to the elevator scheme I still did not like it. The rooftop not being accessible (at least as far as I was concerned also irked me).

One thing I did really like was the relatively close proximity to the Blue line so no transfer needed to the Red line such as is the case with the Mag Mile/Gold Coast properties (unless you walk from the Blue Line, which I actually did on Sunday to get to the Hyatt Mag Mile because I just hated dealing with the transfer with luggage)

Last edited by Miesque; May 31, 2016 at 2:36 pm