FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LondonHouse Chicago, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-IL}
Old May 31, 2016, 11:40 am
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Miesque
I am in the midst of my one night stay. I booked a Vista room and was upgraded to the Vista suite. It is well decorated and apportioned but the one thing that is noticeable to at least me is the room/suite is definitely on the narrow side (it was especially noticeable to me since I was in an Executive Suite at the Hyatt Mag Mile which has an open spacious feel to it).

The elevators are different here in that there are no numbers in the elevator, you press the floor you are going to on a pad to summon the elevator (I had never seen this before and curious if others have). Complimentary HHonor water is two bottles of small Voss. Room service was good, had the filet mignon and truffled mashed potatoes.

I just went up to the Rooftop bar area to check out the action and was not allowed to see the actual rooftop bar, just the inside bar area adjacent to the elevator. I was told it was already pretty full (it was just before 8 PM Chicago time) That left a bad taste in my mouth as an actual hotel guest. I was annoyed because I actually made an effort to change to a blazer and pants to head up there (had been in robe and slippers).
Yes this is very popular in Europe and recently here in NYC. The only other Hilton, in the States (I know of), to use this elevator feature is Hilton New Orleans Riverside.