FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LondonHouse Chicago, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-IL}
Old May 31, 2016, 10:59 am
arlflyer

Originally Posted by Miesque
I just got back from Breakfast which was down in the lobby bar and the breakfast voucher which indicated (full breakfast on it) basically you could chose whatever you wanted off the list which was not very long (I went with the ham and cheese quiche and it was done attempting to be fancy). The coffee is really good coffee, very smooth, I had several cups. I noticed last night the room service menu was also pretty lean in terms of options. There is not a buffet or anything like that if you were looking to eat and run.
Interesting. Well, better than a continental-only option. Since it's so early, I wonder if they're just getting the F&B going. The website mentions some sort of actual restaurant on the 21st floor; that strikes me as a more logical place to serve breakfast. However it just calls it "LH on 21" and links only to a rendering. So maybe they haven't secured a chef or built it out yet?

Originally Posted by Miesque
The suite was actually the next available level room since I had booked a Vista Room which is at a premium to their regular King room. Its not as big of an upgrade as it might first appear.
Yeah, interesting. I'm using a cert so just the base level room for me. Not expecting much of an UG. Also, all of the times I've searched I've never seen a suite for sale so it seems like they've sold them out or are holding them back for something (Upgrades? Haha!)

Also, regarding earlier posts on their rooftop bar, I inquired how guests might have access, and they responded by linking to a website for paid reservations - which are sold out through June 30 - and then saying that they also take "walk ins from our guests based on availability". Though given that reservations are sold out I would not think there to be much of said availability. Either way seems somewhat distasteful IMO given the room rates they are asking. I am sure others will disagree as is always the case.