FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:25 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by codybear
Took a gamble with the 24-month clock on my wife's account and got her approved using link 25 and I had her ask how much did she have to spend before getting the bonus to verify that the card was going to come with the bonus, which CS said spend $3k to get 50k.
Think about it. That doesn't verify anything! It's information available on the offer she signed up for!

To get an answer that would have more chance of verifying it, you have to ask a questions that's not available on the offer she signed up for. The only one I can think of is:

"By what exact date do I have to finish my $3k spend to get the 50k?" The real answer is 3 months plus 14 days from approval date, but I bet approval agents may not know that date yet or know how to compute it or bother to compute it. Agents who you talk to after you get the card have that date in front of them (as do you, in the "progress tracker" online), if you qualified for the bonus.

And everyone gets approved for the card, whether they get the bonus or not, and everyone gets told what offer they signed up for and the terms of it, whether they get the bonus or not.

So by asking what the terms are of the offer, you haven't proved by a single bit that the bonus is coming. You can't know that until either the letter comes or you look for your online tracker.