FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old May 25, 2016, 10:00 am
Superorb

Originally Posted by codybear
Took a gamble with the 24-month clock on my wife's account and got her approved using link 25 and I had her ask how much did she have to spend before getting the bonus to verify that the card was going to come with the bonus, which CS said spend $3k to get 50k.

She had opened a Platinum World on 10/6/14. She would have been converted to WE approximately 3 months later. The account was closed on 12/3/15 (Citi would not waive the yearly fee).

So the 24-month clock appears not to be a hard set rule, but I will re-post in 10 days if the cards comes with no bonus language. It may be because of the W-WE conversion occurred before February, 2016 or possibly because the application included an above average income amount, but more experimentation may need to be done.
By and large, Citi agents are completely clueless. You applied through a $3k/50k link, so that is what they see. Whether your eligible for the 50k bonus is yet to be determined. When you receive the welcome letter it will have the 50k point bonus mentioned if you are eligible to receive it. So let us know when that letter arrives.