FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suite upgrade at Asian properties
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2016, 2:54 pm
sammyindc

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The FS Marriott and CY TPE are not really centrally located. So if location is an important factor, none of these properties would be ideal. I usually stay at a non-marriott property while in TPE (Shangri LA).

However if staying at the Marriott, I HIGHLY recommend going over to the Grand Victoria Hotel across the street and trying the 168 Steakhouse. Amazing restaurant if you like steak.

Originally Posted by pdpgps
Which property in TPE would you recommend?
Originally Posted by trekker954
there are only two, both fairly new. I am currently at the Courtyard (the regular Marriott would not work with the American Institute to lower their lodging rate for my government per diem and was $90 OVER per diem). The Courtyard would have been a tad over, but did work with the AIT to within per diem. This is not your typical Courtyard. It has many WOW factors when seeing and staying here. The location, while not center of town, I can see the 101 from my room, but its just an MRT ride away. MRT is below the mall which is below the hotel.

There IS an executive lounge and the buffet breakfast is included for Gold and above. Very impressive buffet. The evening service is good if you like the Asian cuisine. Unfortunately I do not, so I caved and ordered a burger and fries from the lobby bar today which was delicious.

My room, while 2 floors below the executive lounge floor is massive. I am PP, my colleague is Platium and was put on lounge floor 30. As far as I can tell I was not upgraded. There is a gym, but there is no pool.