FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2016 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old May 21, 2016, 11:34 am
Red259

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by JDiver
Unless you enter the US to connect with another international flight at DFW or MIA and have an ITI tag, you must process immigration, collect your baggage, process customs with your baggage and re-check it at the baggage check facility just outside of customs. You will normally ne landside at this point and need to have your continuing boarding pass to process security to return airside for your connecting gate.

If LAX, you'll be landside at the TBIT, have to walk to your right to Terminal 4 (if AA) and process security there.

With long formalities and security queues, I'd recommend three hours as safe to connect at LAX (having Global Entry and PreCheck reduces this).

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html for instructions, links and maps (in the wikipost at the top of the page).
I have two hours. The ticket is already booked. I'm landing 1:35 on a sat afternoon so maybe the lines won't be as bad at that time? My fight out is at 3:30. Flying in on first class should help me get off the plane a bit quicker. I don't know if SQ does what CX does with first class which is flag your baggage to be unloaded first. I also have GE and PreCheck, so hopefully the combination will speed things up. If god forbid I can't make the AA connection due to security or flight delays do I have any recourse or do I need to pay out of pocket for a new ticket?

I have to reclear security at LAX? I had read they opened the tunnel between T4 and TBIT earlier this year and I thought that was supposed to limit the having to clear security a second time?

Last edited by Red259; May 21, 2016 at 11:54 am