FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016
Old May 20, 2016, 8:25 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by jrl767
many otherwise objective DMs who post here regularly seem to do that a lot when it's their UG that's at risk
And with good reason. There used to be routes I used to almost always clear on when I was gold years ago (or even FO sometimes) like LAS/DTW that I'm not even clearing on as a DM. I remember sometimes they would advertise gate upgrades for $150 on LAS/DTW because the agent was able to clear every elite and their companion into first and seats would go out empty in first. There's been times on that route in the past year where I've been number 3 or lower on the list with no seats as a DM and I'm not even on a discounted fare. Last time I flew MSY/DTW I was number 3 as a DM and wasn't even on a discount fare and I remember clearing that route easily when I was an FO or GM and they would routinely sell upgrades at the gate.

Hopefully it won't have too much of an impact on me right now but it will if I ever drop back down to PM and it will definitely impact upgrades for PM's and lower.