FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old May 19, 2016, 7:56 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frudd38
What about conversion from W to WE? I think I've asked before but no one gave a clear answer, unless that is the answer, ymmv?
What used to work reliably after W->WE no longer does, so it's hard to tell just exactly how much has changed about what W->WE means. If pretty much no one (without a targeted offer) can apply for another one for 24 months, it's going to be quite a while before someone can test whether cancelling or product converting a WE these days resets that 24 months or not, since you won't be able to tell until (and unless) you try to apply a full 24 months after what you know 24 months counts from but not yet 24 months after something you're not sure counts. And even then it'll just be info in retrospect, no guaranteed to apply going forward.

So I think the safest thing to assume is that all cancellations and product conversion (W and WE) are likely to reset your 24 month clock, so try your best to avoid them if you can.