FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rapid Reward switch to Skymiles, MQM question
Old May 18, 2016, 2:30 pm
aaronw915

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mthake
Thanks Travelers,

Great food for thought!

So you know, I was CP leading into 2016. I achieved CP by February 19th 2016, for 2017.

Double points, Business Select adds up quick - so yes, I actually earned to date 2016, 378,655 points so far.

On the MQM's, thanks your for that. This weeks scheduled

STL-ATL
ATL-BHM
BHM-ATL
ATL-STL
STL-LGA
LGA-DIA
DIA-STL.

So you can see how this was accomplished....

I'm ALP + CP as well with WN and I also did what you did with doubling down on some business select fares to get status that much faster.

I also did the status challenge with Delta and was offered Gold within 90 days if I met the criteria. I easily met the criteria and currently only 4 segments away from earning Gold on my own for next year. This will be be completed next week and then I'll be working toward Platinum.

A List, A List Preferred, and CP could be earned with total number of flights OR points. The big difference with Delta is you have to meet 2 of 3 criteria. Miles (MQM) or Segments (MQS) AND $ spent (MQD).

If you fly short segments like me (CMH - DTW - ALB) , each segment is under 500 miles and will be nigh impossible to earn via MQMs. The place where Delta beats Southwest is you get 4 segments for a round trip flight whereas Southwest only considers that 2 segments for the same flight.