FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IAD-SFO & SFO-IAD now flying Int'l 757 configurations?
Old May 17, 2016, 12:47 pm
EWR764

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
As someone predicted before (and I fully believe)...

If prior to November '15, EWR-SFO (or LAX) frequency was A, and JFK-SFO (or LAX) frequency was B...

UA claimed that after axing JFK, EWR-SFO frequency would be A+B.

But it's more likely that within a year (by November '16), frequency will be back at A.
Really?

The release was that UA would by flying "up to" 17 SFO/15 LAX flights and on peak summer days, they are. This also includes 1-2 daily 777s on each route and a handful of 787-9s for LAX, which approximate the capacity of two p.s. 757s. The move of p.s. to EWR was not supposed to be cumulative and never presented as such; in fact, given the lower capacity of the 75J vs. 737-800/900, it was actually a net capacity cut, although it added a lot more premium inventory. Keep in mind that UA was down to 7x SFO and 5-6x LAX at the end of the JFK station.

I don't think anyone ever expected UA to operate peak frequency during the shoulder and winter season, but current winter schedules show frequency to SFO regularly 14-15 flights during the week, and 12-13 to LAX. There's just no evidence that United is backing off its initial proclamations about the service, as much as some wish it to be true... by all indications, p.s. at EWR has been a winner.

Originally Posted by REPUBLIC757
The majority of the exCO 757 will be on Euro routes this summer. They are struggling to reduce dependency despite these one off domestic flights
I don't think that's correct. Using July 15 as an index date, by my count, UA has 18 757 transatlantic 757 flights, of which 15 are to the British Isles. The UK, Ireland and Scotland are appropriate 757 markets. Not a majority, and a markedly different utilization pattern from years past. The domestic services clearly are not one-off, either.

Last edited by EWR764; May 17, 2016 at 1:12 pm