Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAD-SFO & SFO-IAD now flying Int'l 757 configurations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AS 75K, BA Gold, AF Gold

Can anyone confirm this? The seat picker seems shows the lie-flat C seat config for some of these flights, but that looks new to me. Would make the trek to IAD worth it.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:28 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
Yes. It's usually one flight each way per day with the int'l config.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA GS
I really hope they keep it this way for a while. I would love to do all my transcons on a lie-flat. I can do without the "PS" amenities, but would love that seat!
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AS 75K, BA Gold, AF Gold
What a good change of pace. And FWIW, on the day I was looking about two weeks from now they're doing three flights IAD-SFO with that configuration.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wallertown
What a good change of pace. And FWIW, on the day I was looking about two weeks from now they're doing three flights IAD-SFO with that configuration.
UA is flying a lot less than the original announced up to 17 EWR-SFO RTs and 15 EWR-LAX RTs, so there is some spare capacity for other routes.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
UA is flying a lot less than the original announced up to 17 EWR-SFO RTs and 15 EWR-LAX RTs, so there is some spare capacity for other routes.
At least during this season. It progressively increases back up to those levels into June, though the odd post 430pm, pre 8pm departures from the West Coast look gone.

And SFO-IAD gets 1 777 and 1 757 further out.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA GS
Looking at further out dates (September, October, November 2016) i'm not seeing any widebodies on IAD-SFO or SFO-IAD
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:54 pm

yes, confirmed. i took it today, IAD-SFO. unfortunately, my seat 2A was broken and wouldn't recline an inch! of course the cabin was full. the FAs were very nice but nothing could be done. oh well, it's UA...after all.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:13 pm

Too bad they can't put this bird on the DCA-SFO flight! That would be a real treat...
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Also seen some EWR-SEA route was operated by 752 in March.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
At least during this season. It progressively increases back up to those levels into June, though the odd post 430pm, pre 8pm departures from the West Coast look gone.

And SFO-IAD gets 1 777 and 1 757 further out.
However, that 777 is not the 3-class Intl anymore. They put the Hawaii birds on this route - at least the seat map shows that config.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:40 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Now, if we could only get it for one of the redeyes!

Originally Posted by reinmedia
Yes. It's usually one flight each way per day with the int'l config.
I had 2x a day on several dates I was looking at in February--the first two of the day IAD-SFO (6:30am and 8:30am-ish). ^

It used to be just the evening 777 which had real difficulty making decent connections (though that one wasn't an option for the same dates I was checking).

Originally Posted by flyinjer
Looking at further out dates (September, October, November 2016) i'm not seeing any widebodies on IAD-SFO or SFO-IAD
I do prefer the widebodies, but hey, I'll take international config given I'm paying F on that route anyway! Better than domestic F config by far.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by IAD1k
yes, confirmed. i took it today, IAD-SFO. unfortunately, my seat 2A was broken and wouldn't recline an inch! of course the cabin was full. the FAs were very nice but nothing could be done. oh well, it's UA...after all.
Confirmed here too. For me I was OGG-SFO-IAD back on 1/2 It was a redeye. The later one... 11ish. I was F and the lie flat was a dream. Unfortunately the service was sub par... Unless it's international I think after 7 or 8 the FA's on UA just assume they should be done for the day.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Too bad they can't put this bird on the DCA-SFO flight! That would be a real treat...
DCA-SFO would be a great candidate for the whole P.S. experience. Morning flight out of DC on a flatbed for a 6-hour trip would be a huge selling point.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is also a sCO 16-BF-seater 752 IAD-LAX on some days this month - and a 3-class 777 - as reported in another thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.