FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS Delivers First Copper River Salmon of the Season
Old May 16, 2016, 10:49 pm
nwflyboy

Programs: Northwest, United
AS Delivers First Copper River Salmon of the Season

From the Alaska Airlines blog:

"The smell of fish was in the air early on the morning of May 16, as Alaska Air Cargo delivered 24,100 pounds of the season’s first shipment of Copper River salmon to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. The Copper River salmon’s arrival marks the beginning of the summer salmon season and is highly anticipated by seafood lovers throughout the Pacific Northwest..."

Mmmm....I've been craving me some fresh Copper River salmon for weeks (personally, the sockeye is my favorite). Prices should come down in a few days, and I'll be checking Costco this weekend, then, like a bear coming out of hibernation, gorging on salmon for the next few months. My favorite time of the year - the next 3 months is fresh food heaven around here. This month, salmon, next month: strawberries. Yummmmm. Look out stomach, it's eatin' time!!!

Real Pacific Northwest experiences - kiss that salmon for me, Captain! (and yeah, I'm lookin' at you Delta...you newcomer posers from Atlanta...)