FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread
Old May 13, 2016, 9:27 am
little_dc

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Be my guest at Hotel with resort fee

I just wanted to provide a point of reference last night I used my be my guest certificate at the Hilton Hawaiian Village there was some confusion at check-in the agent wasn't sure how to process it the front office manager according to the name tag came out and told her how to process it. the agent asked the manager about the resort fee he told her we still charge him that. I questioned it and was told the BMG that only covers room and taxes. later that night I called the front desk inquiring about it after I received the bill via email I asked why this wasn't treated like a reward stay and the fee be waived after being on hold for about 5 minutes I was told the resort fee should have been waived. Not sure if this is the local hotel being nice but it was nice and make sense that the resort fee was removed