FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renting a speedboat in Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2016, 8:21 pm
rkkwan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by mmff
Too bad.

About TurboJET, I see that they have two different vessel models on the Hong Kong - Macau route: the regular one and the premier jetfoil. Do you have any information about their fleet? I could not care less for service and food on such a route but I do care about how smooth the sail is. In addition, do you know if they have assign a seat to each reservation? I would not want to risk standing up, it's not that short a trip after all.
Premium jetfoils can be Boeing 929 or Kvaerner Foilcats. Regular sailings can be 929, can be FBM Tricat. The Boeings and Kvarerner are much smoother, as you might expect. I don't use it, but this app or others may show real time which sailing use what model. Might take some time to figure out:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....MacaoSailings

There's no advanced seat reservations. Seats are assigned when you get to the gate, using old-fashioned "sticker on your ferry ticket" method. So, once you go through immigration and get to the gate, go get your seat assignment first before sitting down to wait or look around.

I hope you're joking, but there's no standing.