FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority boarding for guest?
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2016, 11:13 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, although those offering themselves up for that often find their limp or whatever condition they claim to have is magically cured by the time to get to the airbridge.

missdimeaner has only mentioned her mother is in her 80s - a fact on its own that does not really merit pre-boarding unless there is some other frailty at play, in which case if there is I am surprised they have not been taking advantage of pre-boarding already.
I find that a lot of people who would be perfectly entitled to pre-board on the basis of requiring extra time to board on the basis that their walking pace is rather slow in fact don't (maybe because they feel cheeky to ask etc, or maybe they don't realise they have slowed down etc), and it's actually disadvantageous for everyone including themselves and other passengers who end up down the aerobridge/aisle because they are moving slowly on the aerobridge or down the aisle.

I think it's best for practical reasons that those who are entitled to use priority boarding on the basis of requiring extra time to board do so.

That doesn't mean parents with 18 year old 'children' who mess about!