FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority boarding for guest?
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2016, 11:07 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
The usual expression is "those requiring extra time to board" when calling for pre-boarding. A lady looking to be elderly is likely to be admitted for pre-boarding on the basis that she *might* need extra time to board so I don't think there is any need for 1) or 2) in practical terms. It's not as if they would demand a proof that she'd need extra time to board or require her to have requested assistance.

If the gate agents rejects her, I'd consider him/her a bit insensitive because not everyone has immediately visible disability etc to require extra time, and I haven't come across many gate agents at all whom I'd classify as insensitive that way. They may be dragon-like guardians of priority boarding queues and may be manic baggage size enforcers but they tend to handle pre-boarders quite sensitively.
Yes, although those offering themselves up for that often find their limp or whatever condition they claim to have is magically cured by the time to get to the airbridge.

missdimeaner has only mentioned her mother is in her 80s - a fact on its own that does not really merit pre-boarding unless there is some other frailty at play, in which case if there is I am surprised they have not been taking advantage of pre-boarding already.