FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX to Dodger Stadium on a Friday afternoon
Old May 3, 2016, 10:36 am
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by DCAview
Hi folks --

I'll be arriving into LAX at about 3:45 p.m. on a Friday night, renting a car, and then heading out to Dodger Stadium for a game that starts at 7:10 p.m. (I'm OK arriving somewhat after first pitch, but I'd rather not miss too much of the game.

That gives me roughly three hours for baggage claim, rental car pick up, and dealing with Friday evening traffic and stadium parking. Is that do-able? Am I out of my mind? We'll be able to use HOV lanes, if that helps.

Thanks!
I've never received my checked luggage at LAX in less than half an hour after my flight blocked in. Waits for the rental companies shuttles vary depending on the car rental company. The ride to the car rental lots will take another 10-30 minutes (depending on traffic and which terminal you arrive at). It's anyone's guess as to how long it may take to pick up the car (do you have something like Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred or National Emerald Club?).

There are carpool lanes on the 105 and the 110. The 110 carpool lanes end near USC. From that point on, you'll be passing through some of the worst traffic congestion in the Los Angeles area; it may actually be faster to take surface streets to bypass the 110 between the 10 and the 101 (Waze is really good at suggesting alternate routes).

Unless there is an accident en-route, the drive itself should take two hours at the most and probably less.

Getting into Dodger Stadium's parking lots should not be a huge hassle, especially if you arrive a bit late after most of the spectators are already in their seats.