FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline advice for London to Dublin
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2016, 3:07 am
Mizter T

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I've most often flown to DUB from LCY. It's fine IF the flight's on time but a hell-hole when there are delays, with very limited space generally. LGW, STN and Luton are all truly horrible. T2 (EI) is much nicer than T5 (BA) but in-flight BA is nicer than EI. Note that you won't (at least until they re-do EI's program) get any TPs on EI.
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Having done all of the routes you list, I would shy away of describing any of these options in such hyperbolic language and instead say they're all pretty much of a muchness for such a short flight, and suggest that to maximise your net experience, the four of you go for the 'half the price' option and invest the difference in enjoying yourselves in Dublin.
My bolding!

I quite agree with Oxon Flyer's sentiments. The flight is an hour and a half. In particular I'd say Gatwick is much improved these days (and it's easy to get to), and it's worth bearing in mind that Heathrow doesn't always exactly excel itself.

Lastly, this post on another FT forum contains an extract of an article from the Economist about the changing face of Ryanair. Though given their previous 'any publicity is good publicity' approach, I suspect some will remain rather wary of them for a considerable period to come.