FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 17, 2016, 6:48 pm
VA1379

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I have been to both the Fairview Park Marriott and the Tysons Corner Marriott in the past month. I have not stayed at the HR in the Tysons Corner mall.

You are better off at the Tysons Corner Marriott if you are looking for a nicer lounge experience and weekend breakfast. The lounge is closed from Friday at noon and reopens Sunday evening. Evening offerings are usually one hot entree, salad, cheese, crackers, vegetables and dessert. During my last stay, they kept the food out past 7:30 and had dessert by request before 7:30. The hot entree was a chicken dish with rice and vegetables during my most recent stay. Dessert was blondies and cookies. Breakfast in the lounge is smoked salmon, oatmeal, cereal, cold ham and turkey, a rotating selection of sausage and bacon, four types of fruit, pastries and yogurt. The lounge has a coffee machine, and they put out extra containers of coffee in the morning during peak demand.

The weekend breakfast is served downstairs in the hotel restaurant. The breakfast buffet is extensive, and they serve some steamed vegetables that I have not seen at any other domestic Marriott.

The hotel has a large and well equipped gym filled with resistance and cardio equipment from Lifetime. There is a large area for doing mat work or using the large bouncing balls to exercise.

Parking is $9 at the Tysons Corner Marriott. The underground garage has two stations for recharging electric cars.

Rooms are small at the Tysons Corner Marriott. The rooms on the side facing the concierge lounge are larger. Every room has a desk and a love seat.

The Fairview Park Marriott recently redid their rooms, and the new desks are smaller. There is also no drawers, although they told me they are ordering some after guest complaints. I told them that the disabled room they put me in was not practical for any guest, able body or not, when it came to having easy access to electrical outlets. That is not a problem at the Tysons Corner Marriott.

I had not stayed at the Tysons Corner Marriott in a while until recently. I noticed parking went up $3, they were serving grapes instead of strawberries in the lounge for breakfast as one of the fruit options, and they have started to have monthly wine tastings and receptions for gold and platinum guests on Tuesday nights. I feel this property tries hard to treat elite members well. Over the past five years, the food offerings have been getting better in the concierge lounge.