FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your applause for good service thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:01 pm
Phil the Flyer

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Prospero - I'm glad you've started this thread.

Since transferring most of my business and, for that matter, that of my wife, son and daughter, from BA to QR two-and-a-half years ago we have probably collectively taken at least 100 QR flights - without exception either in F (say 30%) or J (say 70%).

During that time none of us has ever had a single complaint (at least nothing of any significance) either in the air or on the ground. What we particularly like about QR includes:

- Airfares: excellent value in J and F (ex-CAI).

- In flight service: second to none.

- Cabin crew: simply gorgeous, especially the Asian ladies.

- Food: fantastic, I have not experienced any drop in standards.

- Drink: also fantastic, albeit Krug and Chateau d'Yquem have long disappeared from the in-flight drinks menu.

- DOH lounges (both at the new airport and the old Premium Terminal): excellent.

- LHR T4 lounge: the best LHR lounge, bar none.

- Ease of transfer at the new airport: superb.

- The DOH Airport Hotel (OK, not QR): excellent.

- On time performance: excellent.

- Ease of changing flight dates/times on-line: easy-peasy.

- Modernity of aircraft: excellent.

- Tier Points and Avios: that'll do nicely, thank you.

If I had to make one complaint it would be QR's frustrating habit of switching aircraft - although even this seems less common these days.

Sorry to say, but I just don't understand 80% of the complaints made by here today, gone tomorrow posters who appear on this forum fleetingly - with complaints such as lack of upgrades, lack of transit hotel entitlement, perceived prejudice, etc.

While I don't doubt there will always be some occasions when QR service falls below reasonable expectations (and I emphasise the word 'reasonable') a lot of complainants here leave me shaking my head in disbelief.

Qatar Airways - I'm more than happy to keep giving you my business, and that of my family, for the foreseeable future.