FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stolen Gift cards in mail room
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:15 pm
bc1549

Originally Posted by AndrewTheMan
This! AMEX is liable to get the product to the buyer. They are liable for theft. Dispute as "services not received"

Are you fairly certain from experience that this is the case? clearly there are conflicting opinions over this topic thus far.

I already went through the dispute process and they sent me a copy of the UPS tracking number and delivery (to mail room) confirmation, along with my sales order from AMEX gift cards (mailed from Salt lake city UT)

Apparently this is the evidence that AMEX dispute department is trying to justify using to warrant the charges being my responsibility.

Anybody know a direct channel or line to the actual team(s) at AMEX that do the investigating? so that i can at least state my case. I suspect whoever is processing these disputes over the phone is not providing much details on my behalf. Surely without any notes, i can see how AMEX investigators would look at the evidence as me having received the cards and used them at MACYS and me just being inaccurate in my dispute.