FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:19 pm
PsiFighter37

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
April 6
UA1923
EWR-MIA (dinner)

Got CPU'ed a few hours ahead of the flight, so toned down on scarfing down lots of food at the UC ahead of time.

It was good to be back on a flight with properly-catered Goose IPA

Meal choices were between tandoori chicken and seafood stew. The stew looked okay (just glancing over at what other people got), but I decided to try this out. There wasn't enough curry sauce, and I was a bit confused by why paneer was included, but it was decent. The chicken had excellent flavoring, but it was slightly offset by being quite dry. The quinoa bowl was a nice chance of pace (as was having lemon vinaigrette).

Birthday cookies! They were pretty plain shortbread, nothing too special.

The better cookie was served as we began our initial descent. Warmed up just the right amount.

April 8
UA1527
MIA-EWR (breakfast)

Choice was between an omelet or stone-cut oatmeal. Went with the former, and it turned out to be identical to the pre-arrival meal served on my EWR-NRT flight a couple weeks ago. I liked the omelet because it has a bit of heat from the pepper. This was a little less cheesy but still delicious. The sausage was of better quality on this flight, but still nothing big to write home about. Croissant or cinnamon roll was also passed around (I went with the croissant).