FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore's MRT
Thread: Singapore's MRT
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:59 pm
IncaTrails

Programs: AA,BA
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
The M.R.T. or Mass Rapid Transit in Singapore really is a thing of beauty. And although it was not the first metro system in Asia (Manila has that honour), it is certainly the best I have experienced. But what, is the best?
I recently came back from Hong Kong and Singapore. IMHO, Hong Kong MTR gives Singapore MRT a run for its money. I was truly impressed by both, from the security, to the organization, to the signals, and, above all, ease of navigation.

#TopTip: In Singapore for a few days? Just get a Singapore Tourist Pass or Singapore Tourist Pass Plus.
Absolutely. Although, one thing that stood out for me was that the day count begins on the day you purchase. I purchased a 3-day pass thinking the last day would be the day of my eventual departure; as it turns out, I ended up buying a full day pass to cover for the fourth and final day of my stay.

Where to go? With the advent of Google Maps it is so easy to navigate around a small country like Singapore. Just find your destination and then select your current location and it will give you the directions you need to take. It will give you the public transport arrangements that you need.
When purchasing the Tourist Pass, one is usually handed a map of the MRT system. Add that to wifi available almost anywhere and navigation is plain easy.