FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overnight transfer DCA - IAD?
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:22 pm
ohliuw

Programs: AP, MP
Originally Posted by BearX220
Ah, OK. Better then to get your Crystal City hotel to order you a car service to get you out to IAD. Returning a rental car at Dulles is a time-consuming pain in the neck, no fun for toddlers or anyone else.

You can call the hotel before you fly your first leg to set this up. As you want to get to Dulles no later than 1030a, fix the car to depart Crystal City at 900a. Might make good time, but you'll be glad of the extra cushion if you don't. DC traffic is a nightmare.

I didn't know you were a family + toddler -- that makes a Crystal City hotel even more sensible -- it'll be a fast five-minute trip from DCA and as little stress as possible in the evening / cranky hours for the little one.
Good point about the crankiness, but actually I am more concerned about the long stretch form IAD to BKK, so I am thinking of getting to IAD on the evening and allow for more time and less stress in the morning. The little has travelled around the globe few times already, so the short flight from YOW to DCA wouldn't be an issue. Plus I got "one of these" who won't go to bed before 10 no matter how hard we try.

I checked the PL Express deals, and the prices for IAD and DCA are in the same range. Just need to figure out whether I should rent or get a cab ... Rental is about $40 + gas, not a big saving over a cab, but I don't mind driving. I guess I can bid on PL, and if there is no shuttle included in the hotel, I will rent. If there is a shuttle, I will cab ...