FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unicom Hongkong SIM "Cross Border King Dual Extra"
Old Apr 4, 2016, 6:38 am

Unicom Hongkong SIM "Cross Border King Dual Extra"

Anybody using a Unicom HK SIM Card in Mainland China? I bought a "crossborder sim" couple of weeks ago and used it in Mainland. Data was fast and without any blocked website. I used the card in Shanghai, Harbin and a small town in Heilongjiang Province.
I could make outgoing calls in Shanghai and Harbin, but couldn't make any outgoing call in the small town. Incoming calls and Data was possible everywhere. I contacted Unicom HK and also went to the local Unicom Service Center. Finally HK Unicom called the local Unicom Service center, but even together they was still unable to find a solution. After I returned to Harbin I could make outgoing calls again. So must be some local problem.

I need this SIM card in september again. They charge HK$18 a month for the cross border option ((跨境王加强版)行政費(HK$18)) Can I cancel this option and activate it later again or should I keep it for the 4 month I don't use the card?