FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New programme details from 2017
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:42 am
tris06

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
The changes

I just checked my mothers gold card issued in January/February and it says until February 2017 but online now it says until the 31st of December.

My membership will renew in June this year. Currently I am on about 37,000 points for these 12 months so I am well over the amount needed for Platinium membership until the 31st of Dec 2017. Also telling family members about these changes.

The big issue which is very far off in the distance is that I guess I would not spend more than 4000 euros on Hotel accomodation each year at most. (10,500 points based on only the 25 points for every 10 euros)

Which would mean I would drop to gold based on this. So its not a good annoucement for me either and plus I feel there is little to excited about spending an extra 1000-1500 euros a year to get plat.

As some said Europe is mostly without lounges and no complimentry breakfasts.
In Asia I am usually going straight for (Junior suites with lounge access already like Sofitel Macau.)

Or the presidential suite booking in february in Chengdu (damn good price for just 450 usd per night).

I do like the accor program as it might have lower features than other programs but it is not as hard to get to the highest ranking which is fair.

I am looking at the status match offer that Hilton is offering and I am thinking to give it a try.

And yes I feel I am very loyal customer with Accor.
Since 2014 I didnt stay with a non accor hotel since that time and they were all higher categories than Ibis apart from 1.

60 nights well to me that means you really live in a hotel 2 months a year.