FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SLS Las Vegas NV, LEAVING SPG/Marriott Aug 17, 2018 [Master Thread]
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:26 am
Epicura

Just a few datapoints

I have an upcoming BRG stay for next week at this property.

So far my SPG number is still saved in the reservation. It was odd that I already found out that my BRG was approved, because of a re confirmation email from the property where the BRG rate was indicated, even before I got the approval email from BRG desk.

I booked the 3x SPG/20% off rate, since this was the cheapest and seemed to have the same cancellation terms as the best flex. Although I have noticed in my initial confirmation email there is clearly indicated that a deposit (= rate for 1 night, stay is 1 night) is due at time of reservation. I can not remember if this showed up when actually making the reservation.

I did not know about the pick your card promotion, so I just registered. Would I still be eligible for the 1000 extra SPG points since I already made the reservation prior to my registration? Usually this works out well for SPG promo's but I am not sure about this one.

And did anybody still get the 3X SPG points for a BRG reservation when the original reservation was for that specific rate?

Re the shuttle: I am 100% sure the complimentary shuttle is still advertised on SPG. This was the reason I choose SLS over the Westin since rates were more or less the same. I do count on the complimentary shuttle .

Last edited by Epicura; Apr 3, 2016 at 1:37 am