FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What should we do when we experience hijacking?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 5:35 pm
Loren Pechtel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greggarious
Unfortunately, post 9/11 I have to assume they will crash they plane, killing not only everyone on board, but many on the ground. I would attack anyone who attempted to hijack the plane, and use as much force as needed to stop them. No holds barred - eye gouging, groin shots, biting - anything it takes to stop the threat, and if they die it's on them, not me. If I'm going to die, I'll do it fighting.
It depends on what they are doing.

If they are just threatening and demanding the pilots do <x> then let them be. Unless <x> is impossible (I'm thinking of that hijacking in Africa where they demanded to fly to a location beyond the range of the fuel on board) the pilots will do <x> and you'll be on the ground somewhere, almost certainly safer than settling it in the air.

On the other hand, if they are trying to gain access to the cockpit it's no holds barred. Organize as many passengers as you can to take them down, if they have weapons less than guns grab luggage as a shield.